giovedì 28 luglio 2011

So....I have been in Pescara 5 whole days, this being my 6th day, and so far so good! 


To sum up the last few days I have:


- stayed at my apartment in the centre of Pescara, literally a 5 minute walk from the bus station, and main train station.


- walked really slowly around Pescara with my flatmate (something we have taken to call "promenading").  It seems the walking pace is that of a snail here which makes my "usual" walking pace that of a cheetah!


- set up the "classroom" for September, which isn't a classroom as you imagine as it is a converted flat.  It has 3 different zones; a role play area, creative area with tables and chairs and a reading/sleeping area (which is in a different room).


- bought 500g of green beans...which turns out is a lot of green beans.


- used very poor Italian to buy some anthisan (which hasn't really helped at all!) 
Buongiorno.  Io sono inglese. *lifts leg onto counter* You help me... *points to bites on leg*

- sat in a room full of Italian parents whilst they talked about me, literally about me, whilst I smiled sweetly and attempted to laugh at the appropriate time.


- stayed with Stefy and Lorenzo with the intention to speak more Italian.  I am finding it really hard to remember any words, even the things that I learnt from my lessons.  


Tonight I am planning on going to see Madame Butterfly at a theatre on the seafront.  We are going to attempt to get some tickets later, hopefully.  Wish me luck!


P.S. I promise pictures will be up soon, when I return to London...

Comments

Popular Posts